Cadence Minerals (AIM/NEX: KDNC; OTC: KDNCY) is pleased to note the announcement today from Macarthur Minerals (TSX-V: MMS) (“Macarthur”), that further to the announcement of March 19, 2019, Exception Capital LLP (“Exception”) has agreed to participate in the US$6 million secured Convertible Note (“Note”) on a private placement basis for US$1 million.
- Each Note has a face value of US$10,000 following adoption of a loan note instrument.
- The Notes (including accrued but unpaid interest) can be converted at any time after 12 months into common shares of Macarthur at the Noteholder’s option at a conversion price that reflects the greater of 80% of the average VWAP over 5 trading days immediately preceding the date of a notice of conversion and C$0.10 (in each case with appropriate equivalence to USD), with attaching warrants offered for one fourth of the commitment amount exercisable at the greater of C$0.10 or the average VWAP over 5 trading days immediately preceding the date of the Advance Date (such term being defined in the definitive documentation) (in each case with appropriate equivalence to USD).
- The Notes will have a term to maturity of 3 years and bear interest at a rate of 12.5% per annum.
- The Notes include a restriction on conversion that provides that such conversion may not have the effect of causing Noteholder to own 20% or more of the common shares of Macarthur or becoming a control person.
- The iron ore mining licences held by Macarthur (or a subsidiary of Macarthur) in respect of the Lake Giles Iron project region of Western Australia will act as security for the Notes issued to the Noteholder.
Any shares issued upon conversion of the principal amount of the Note and any accrued interest will be subject to certain resale restrictions, including a restricted (or “hold”) period of four months and one day following the distribution date of the Note and warrant, under applicable Canadian securities legislation.
The consummation of the US$1 million financing commitment from Exception is subject to receipt of all necessary regulatory approvals including that of the TSX Venture Exchange and satisfaction of the other conditions set out in the Investment Agreement entered into by the Exception and Macarthur.
Cadence holds approximately 10% of the issued equity interest in Macarthur, which is an Australian mining exploration company focused primarily on iron ore, nickel, lithium and gold in Western Australia. It also has a lithium project in Nevada, USA.
The full release, including full details of the FEL earn-in terms can be found at: https://web.tmxmoney.com/article.php?newsid=7164373152451843&qm_symbol=MMS
Cadence Minerals CEO Kiran Morzaria commented: “This financing agreement marks a significant step forward by Macarthur in progressing its Australian iron ore projects. As Macarthur Executive Chairman Cameron McCall states, the financing terms are attractive and minimises dilution to shareholders.”
This news release is not for distribution to United States Services or for Dissemination in the United States.
– Ends –
|For further information:
Kiran Morzaria B.Eng. (ACSM), MBA, has reviewed and approved the information contained in this announcement. Kiran holds a Bachelor of Engineering (Industrial Geology) from the Camborne School of Mines and an MBA (Finance) from CASS Business School.
Certain statements in this announcement are or may be deemed to be forward-looking statements. Forward-looking statements are identiﬁed by their use of terms and phrases such as ”believe” ”could” “should” ”envisage” ”estimate” ”intend” ”may” ”plan” ”will” or the negative of those variations or comparable expressions including references to assumptions. These forward-looking statements are not based on historical facts but rather on the Directors’ current expectations and assumptions regarding the Company’s future growth results of operations performance future capital and other expenditures (including the amount. nature and sources of funding thereof) competitive advantages business prospects and opportunities. Such forward-looking statements reﬂect the Directors’ current beliefs and assumptions and are based on information currently available to the Directors. Many factors could cause actual results to differ materially from the results discussed in the forward-looking statements including risks associated with vulnerability to general economic and business conditions competition environmental and other regulatory changes actions by governmental authorities the availability of capital markets reliance on key personnel uninsured and underinsured losses and other factors many of which are beyond the control of the Company. Although any forward-looking statements contained in this announcement are based upon what the Directors believe to be reasonable assumptions. The Company cannot assure investors that actual results will be consistent with such forward-looking statements.