This globally significant rutile province in Malawi, a stable, transparent jurisdiction known as “the Warm Heart of Africa”. Malawi is increasingly attracting international investment with substantial potential for mining to contribute to the country’s economic growth and development. Central Malawi boasts excellent existing infrastructure including grid power and an excellent sealed road network.
Kasiya is strategically located in close-proximity to the capital city of Lilongwe, providing access to a skilled workforce and mining and industrial services. The location provides access to the operating Nacala Rail Corridor linking to the Indian Ocean deep water port of Nacala in Mozambique, providing a low-cost transport solution and access to major international markets.
The Company’s objective is to develop a large-scale, long life rutile operation, focusing on developing an environmentally responsible, sustainable and socially uplifting operation.
Sovereign is rapidly continuing a number of work programs.
In 2015, Sovereign’s in-country geological team made a new and significant graphite discovery using hand auger drilling techniques in an area of no outcrop. The deposit is located at Malingunde, just 15km SW of Lilongwe, Malawi’s capital city, and has access to enviable infrastructure. It is 25km from operating rail, 20km from a major power sub-station and has plentiful fresh water sources nearby.
In the interview above, Chief Commercial Officer Sapan Ghai talks to Alan Green about the latest developments, including the Hascor take-off agreement.
Link here to view the latest Sovereign Metals #SVML presentation.
Follow Sovereign Metals on Twitter @SovereignMetals
- #SVML Sovereign Metals – Five AIM-listed EV & Battery Metals Companies to Watch
- Sovereign Metals #SVML – Institutional Placement to Raise $15m
- Sunday Times – Who owns the Earth? The scramble for minerals turns critical
- Sovereign Metals #SVML – March 2022 Quarterly Report
- #SVML Sovereign Metals – ASX Trading Halt
- Sovereign Metals #SVML – Issue of Shares on Exercise of Options
- Sovereign Metals #SVML – Updated Company Presentation
- #SVML Sovereign Metals – Securities Trading Policy
- Sovereign Metals #SVML – 1.8 billion tonne JORC Resource confirms Kasiya as the largest Rutile deposit ever discovered
- Alan Green covers #AQX Aquis Exchange, #POW Power Metal Resources, #SVML Sovereign Metals & #SpecX IPO SpectrumX on the Vox Market Podcast
- Airbus seeks titanium sources beyond Russia to safeguard production ramp-up – Sovereign Metals #SVML
- Sovereign Metals #SVML – ASX Trading Halt
- Sovereign Metals #SVML Presents Kasiya’s Low Carbon Footprint Natural Graphite at UK Houses of Parliament
- Sovereign Metals #SVML – Kasiya’s Natural Rutile to Significantly Reduce Pigment Industry Carbon Footprint
- Investor Magazine Podcast – Barclays #BARC, Sovereign Metals #SVML and Smart Metering Systems #SMS with Alan Green
- Sovereign Metals #SVML – Half-year Report
- Sovereign Metals #SVML – Spectacular Rutile Drill Results See Mineralised Footprint Increase By 28%
- This Is Money – SMALL CAP SHARE IDEAS: Sovereign Metals owns potentially the largest rutile deposit in the world
- #SVML Sovereign Metals – Sovereign Joins UK Critical Minerals Association
- Alan Green covers Tertiary Minerals #TYM and Sovereign Metals #SVML on this week’s Stockbox Research Talks
- #SVML Sovereign Metals – Spott Equity Research Report
- Sovereign Metals #SVML and the Kasiya Rutile story – Sapan Ghai talks to Alan Green
- #SVML Sovereign Metals – Sovereign Signs Offtake MOU
- Sovereign Metals #SVML: A globally significant natural rutile discovery
- #SVML Sovereign Metals – Investor Presentation February 2022
- #SVML Sovereign Metals – Appointment of Joint Corporate Broker
- #SVML Sovereign Metals moving rapidly ahead with what’s likely to become the largest rutile deposit in the world
- #SVML Sovereign Metals – Company Presentation
- #SVML Sovereign Metals – Former Rio Tinto Executive Joins Sovereign Board
- UK Investor Magazine Podcast with Alan Green, discussing: GlaxoSmithKline #GSK, UK house prices, and Sovereign Metals #SVML
- Alan Green covers pre IPO Golden Metal Resources #FCM and AIM & ASX listed Sovereign Metals #SVML #SVM on this week’s Stockbox Research Talks
- Sovereign Metals #SVML – December 2021 Quarterly Report