Home » Cadence Minerals (KDNC) » Progress at Yangibana Rare Earths project reflects well on Cadence Minerals Joint Venture

Progress at Yangibana Rare Earths project reflects well on Cadence Minerals Joint Venture

Shares in Cadence Minerals (AIM/NEX: KDNC; OTC: KDNCY), the AIM listed investor into mineral resources discovery and development, have enjoyed a solid start to the start of 2021. Buoyed by the progress of the company’s flagship Amapa project in Brazil, the growth in Cadence value can also be attributed to the portfolio of strategic investments, including a 15% stake in European Metals (AIM: EMH), owner of Cinovec lithium and tin project, soon to be a cornerstone lithium supply hub for the electric vehicle (EV) industry.

In addition to this, progress has been reported this week at the Australian Rare Earths Project at Yangibana, one of the early stage investments made by Cadence which is owned and operated by ASX listed Hastings Technology Metals (ASX:HAS). Located in the Gascoyne region of Western Australia and covering some 650 sq km, the project contains substantial Neodymium and Praseodymium resources, vital components in the manufacture of permanent magnets. These of course are used in a wide and expanding range of advanced and high-tech products including EV’s, wind turbines, robotics, medical applications and others.

Hastings announced drill results from the Bald Hill deposit as part of its drilling programme across Yangibana. Bald Hill is the largest Yangibana deposit in terms of estimated Mineral Resources and calculated Ore Reserves and forms a key component to the overall Yangibana project. As a result, key project infrastructure, including the beneficiation plant and tailings storage facilities, have been placed in close proximity to this deposit.

Results from the extension drilling program at Bald Hill, the largest deposit at the Yangibana Rare Earths Project, confirm continuation of mineralisation along strike to the south connecting to the 4km long Simon’s Find – Frasers trend, with a best 3.26% total rare earth oxides (TREO) occurring across a 4m sample from a 63m shallow intersection.

The Bald Hill Resource Estimate will be updated during Q1 2021. Hastings COO Andrew Reid said the results provided “further confirmation that the unique geology at Yangibana is capable of underpinning a high-quality, long-life operation.”

“These drilling results continue to demonstrate the potential scale and quality not just of Bald Hill but other Yangibana deposits and we estimate that the project has additional growth potential..” he added.

Hastings has signed a long term binding Master Agreement with German Automotive Tier 1 supplier, Schaeffler Technologies AG, with obligation to supply a substantial volume of MREC over an initial period of 10 years

At Yangibana, Cadence owns 30% of 3 Mining Leases, 6 Exploration Licences while operator Hastings Technology Metals owns the remaining 70% of the joint venture areas, and the rest of the project.

While the Bald Hill deposit doesn’t form part of the Yangibana joint venture area, there is nonetheless a positive read-over for the Cadence JV territories. Of course any yield from the Cadence JV areas will be processed at the beneficiation plant and tailings storage facilities, located in close proximity to the Bald Hill deposit.

Cadence CEO Kiran Morzaria emphasised this point: “Bald Hill is key to the Yangibana project, and as Andrew points out the drilling results continue to demonstrate the potential scale and quality not just of Bald Hill but the other deposits and overall project growth potential.”

“While our interests lie to the west of Bald Hill, for Cadence there is a really positive read-over into the value and future potential of our joint venture with Hastings,” Morzaria added.

Probable Ore Reserves within the tenements 30% held by Cadence are just over 2m tonnes with TREO of 1.66%. The current mine plan anticipates production to start from the joint venture areas (Yangibana and Yangibana North) in year 6 and continue to the end of mine life (year 13).

More info, including a breakdown of the probable ore reserves can be found here: https://www.cadenceminerals.com/projects/yangibana-rare-earth-project-2/

Leave a comment

I would like to receive Brand Communications updates and news...
Free Stock Updates & News
I agree to have my personal information transfered to MailChimp ( more information )
Join over 3.000 visitors who are receiving our newsletter and learn how to optimize your blog for search engines, find free traffic, and monetize your website.
We hate spam. Your email address will not be sold or shared with anyone else.