Power Metal Resources PLC (LON:POW) the London listed exploration company with a global project portfolio, notes the announcement made by Golden Metal Resources Plc (“Golden Metal”), a company in which Power Metal Resources has a 62.01 per cent shareholding, which is reproduced in full below and can be found on the Golden Metal website accessible via the following link: https://www.goldenmetalresources.com/
Golden Metal Resources plc (LON:GMET), a mineral exploration company focused on tungsten, gold, copper and silver within Nevada, USA, announces the Company’s strategy relating to funding opportunities that are available through the US Government. The Company intends to pursue this strategy with a particular focus on seeking non-dilutive government supported grant funding for its flagship 100% owned Pilot Mountain Project (“Pilot Mountain” or the “Project”).
– The Company considers that Pilot Mountain hosts the largest known undeveloped tungsten resource in the US.
– The US is currently without any domestic primary tungsten production with their largest import partner for the critical defense metal being China. Beginning January 2026, the US Department of Defense (DOD) is banning the use of mined tungsten from China, Russia, North Korea and Iran in defence procurement.1
– Golden Metal recently signed a tungsten concentrate off-take letter of intent with Global Tungsten & Powders LLC, a leading United States supplier of tungsten powders and semi-finished parts.
– As a result of the above, the Company believes it is in a strong position to seek out non-dilutive grant funding. If Golden Metal were to receive such funds, it would enable exploration and development at Pilot Mountain to be accelerated.
– Golden Metal is actively working with Mrs. Chang Turkmani, who on 5 June 2023 was officially engaged as Strategic United States Government Advisor, on how to shape its general strategy as it relates to further increasing the profile of Golden Metal Resources and Pilot Mountain within the US and abroad.2
– Golden Metal has commenced the application process for a short list of relevant grant programmes identified by the Company’s management team, alongside Mrs. Turkmani, from the available Company-eligible funding opportunities.
– Some grants targeted by the Company are applied for by way of an unsolicited application process, meaning Golden Metal can neither disclose which grants have or will be applied for nor the expected timing of an award.
– Securing non-dilutive financial support for Pilot Mountain remains a priority of the Company, and all endeavours are being made in this respect to give Golden Metal the best chance of achieving this goal.
– As soon as it is possible to do so, Golden Metal will provide the market with updates as it relates to progress made towards securing non-dilutive grant funding, which would allow the Company to fast-track exploration and development at its flagship Pilot Mountain Project – with the ultimate goal of establishing Pilot Mountain as the only domestic US primary mined source of tungsten.
Oliver Friesen, CEO of Golden Metal, commented:
“While at this time we cannot disclose many details about our strategy as it relates to government funding opportunities, the recent appointment of Mrs. Turkmani should clearly signify to the market the endeavours we are making on this front.
“The time for the United States to reduce its reliance on other countries for their imports of critical and defence metals is now, and we at Golden Metal strongly believe that as 100% owners of what we consider is the largest undeveloped tungsten deposit located on US soil, we can be a part of this urgent process.
“Targeting non-dilutive funding is a critical focus of the Company. However, minimal updates will be given for the time being, as such disclosure may interfere with our ongoing endeavours in this regard. However, it is important for our investors to know that, while this key part of the business ticks away in the background, we will continue pushing forward exploration and development across the portfolio at pace.”
Notes and References
Forward Looking Statements
This announcement contains forward-looking statements relating to expected or anticipated future events and anticipated results that are forward-looking in nature and, as a result, are subject to certain risks and uncertainties, such as general economic, market and business conditions, competition for qualified staff, the regulatory process and actions, technical issues, new legislation, uncertainties resulting from potential delays or changes in plans, uncertainties resulting from working in a new political jurisdiction, uncertainties regarding the results of exploration, uncertainties regarding the timing and granting of prospecting rights, uncertainties regarding the timing and granting of regulatory and other third party consents and approvals, uncertainties regarding the Company’s or any third party’s ability to execute and implement future plans, and the occurrence of unexpected events.
Actual results achieved may vary from the information provided herein as a result of numerous known and unknown risks and uncertainties and other factors.
For further information visit www.goldenmetalresources.com or contact the following:
Golden Metal Resources plc
Oliver Friesen (CEO)
Tel: +44 (0) 20 7583 8304
Cairn Financial Advisers LLP
Sandy Jamieson/Jo Turner/Louise O’Driscoll
Tel: +44 20 7213 0880
First Equity Limited
Jonathan Brown/Jason Robertson
Tel: +44 20 7374 2212
Pilot Mountain Project
The Pilot Mountain project is an advanced exploration and mineral resource definition stage project located in Mineral County in western Nevada. The project covers an area of 14.80 km2 (3,656.1 acres) and is located 200km southeast of Reno and 18km east of Mina, Nevada. It is well situated for the supply of power, water and skilled labour and proximity to transport infrastructure in Mineral County and is centred around four existing mineral deposits: Garnet; Good Hope; Gunmetal and Desert Scheelite, all of which possess significant skarn-style tungsten-copper-silver-zinc mineralisation. The Pilot Mountain project consists of 176 active lode mining claims and 4 filed mill site claims. The four mill site claims filed at the former Dunham mill site have secure access to groundwater supply sufficient for the proposed project.
Golconda Summit Project
Golden Metal is the operator of the Golconda Summit project, which is held under an earn-in right to acquire up to 100 per cent. of the project from the mineral claim owner pursuant to an option agreement. The Golconda Summit project is an exploration stage gold and silver project located in Humboldt County and situated at the confluence of the Getchell and Battle Mountain – Eureka metallogenic trends, and consists of 44 lode mining claims, covering a total area of approximately 3.22 km2 (795.4 acres) located approximately 27km east of Winnemucca.
The Garfield project is an early exploration stage copper, gold and silver property consisting of 39 lode mining claims covering 3.23 km2 (797.9 acres) located in Mineral County, Nevada, approximately 14km due east of the town of Hawthorne and 120km due west-northwest of Tonopah.
The Stonewall project is an exploration stage gold-silver property prospective for epithermal gold-silver mineralisation. The property consists of 19 lode mining claims covering 1.59 km2 (392.5 acres) located on the northern flank of Stonewall Mountain, on the western edge of the Nellis Airforce Range Restricted Access Area, in Nye County, Nevada, approximately 24km south-east of the historic gold mining town of Goldfield and 60km due south of Tonopah.