Poolbeg Pharma is a clinical stage infectious disease pharmaceutical company, with a capital light clinical model which aims to develop multiple products faster and more cost effectively than the conventional biotech model. The Company, headquartered in London, is led by a team with a track record of creation and delivery of shareholder value and aspires to become a “one-stop shop” for Big Pharma seeking mid-stage products to licence or acquire.
The Company is targeting the growing infectious disease market. In the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic, infectious disease has become one of the fastest growing pharma markets and is expected to exceed $250bn by 2025.
With its initial assets from Open Orphan plc, an industry leading infectious disease and human challenge trials business, Poolbeg has access to knowledge, experience, and clinical data from over 20 years of human challenge trials. The Company is using these insights to acquire new assets as well as reposition clinical stage products, reducing spend and risk. It already has a Phase II ready repositioned small molecule immunomodulator for severe influenza and a portfolio of other exciting assets. The Company plans to broaden this portfolio further going forward and is in active discussions with AI data analysis platforms to help accelerate the power of its human challenge model data and biobank.
Visit the Poolbeg Pharma Plc website here
Follow Poolbeg Pharma on Twitter @PoolbegPharma
- #POLB Poolbeg Pharma – Poolbeg signs option for new vaccine candidate
- #POLB Poolbeg Pharma – Shares Spotlight
- #POLB Poolbeg Pharma – Scientific Advisory Board Appointment
- #POLB Poolbeg Pharma – Update on POLB 001 Clinical Development
- Poolbeg Pharma #POLB – Exec Chairman Cathal Friel & CEO Jeremy Skillington talk to Alan Green
- Alan Green discusses ECR Minerals #ECR, with a tribute to CEO Craig Brown, plus Poolbeg Pharma #POLB on this week’s Stockbox Research talk
- #POLB Poolbeg Pharma – PredictViral™ Patent update
- Poolbeg Pharma #POLB – RNA sequencing ahead of AI analysis programme
- Poolbeg Pharma #POLB – Admission to AIM and First day of trading
- Open Orphan #ORPH – AIM Schedule 1 update by Poolbeg Pharma plc
- The Times – Our flu drug is not to be sniffed at, says Poolbeg Pharma chief Jeremy Skillington