ECR Minerals plc (LON:ECR), the precious metals exploration and development company, is pleased to announce it has today released a new presentation covering the Windidda gold project in Western Australia, details of which were released in the Company’s announcement of 3 January 2019 entitled “Strategic Gold Licence Applications – Yilgarn Region Australia”.
The presentation may be viewed through the following links:
- The Windidda gold project consists of nine exploration licence applications submitted by ECR’s 100%-owned operating vehicle Mercator Gold Australia Pty Ltd and covering a large ground area of approximately 1,600 square kilometres in the Yilgarn Craton, Australia;
- The area under application covers the southern margin of the Canning Basin, which has been interpreted, based on available gravity and magnetic data, to overlie the northern margin of the Archean Yilgarn Craton;
- The Yilgarn Craton is host to around 30% of the world’s known gold reserves and produces around two thirds of all gold mined annually in Australia;
- The Windidda project is targeting regional gravity-magnetic anomalies and potential under-cover Archaean greenstone hosted gold mineralisation, an exploration model that has been successfully tested by Greatland Gold plc (LON:GGP) at its Ernest Giles project located approximately 125 kilometres east of ECR’s Windidda project;
- Further updates will be made in due course regarding the progress of licence applications, continuing project review and exploration planning.
Craig Brown, Chief Executive Officer of ECR Minerals plc, commented: “ECR Minerals is building its strategic gold exploration portfolio at what the directors believe is a fascinating time in the gold industry, underlined by the acquisition of Goldcorp Inc. by Newmont Mining Corp. announced this week.
Larger companies within the sector are often in search of new gold discoveries to replace reserves as they are mined, potentially putting proactive junior gold explorers in a prime position should they be able to identify highly prospective territory, achieve a discovery and/or build strategic knowledge through exploration.
ECR has already identified a large, but early stage, gold system at its Creswick project in Victoria, Australia and is working to advance that project as rapidly as possible. The Windidda project diversifies ECR’s interests into Western Australia and the highly prospective Yilgarn Craton, which the directors believe is amply demonstrated by the presentation linked above. Following the financings completed in 2018, ECR is able to move forward confidently with new initiatives like the Windidda gold project.”
COMPETENT PERSON STATEMENT
Information disclosed in this announcement has been reviewed by Samuel Garrett, a Competent Person within the meaning of Australasian Code for Reporting of Exploration Results, Mineral Resources and Ore Reserves (the JORC Code) and for the purposes of the AIM Rules.
Mr Garrett holds a BSc (Hons) in Geology and an MSc in Economic Geology from the University of Tasmania. He is a member of the Australian Institute of Geoscientists and a member of the Society of Economic Geologists (USA).
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION, PLEASE CONTACT:
|ECR Minerals plc||Tel: +44 (0)20 7929 1010|
|David Tang, Non-Executive Chairman|
|Craig Brown, Director & CEO|
|WH Ireland Ltd||Tel: +44 (0)161 832 2174|
|Katy Mitchell/James Sinclair-Ford|
|SI Capital Ltd||Tel: +44 (0)1483 413500|
ABOUT ECR MINERALS PLC
ECR is a mineral exploration and development company. ECR’s wholly owned Australian subsidiary Mercator Gold Australia has 100% ownership of the Avoca, Bailieston, Creswick, Moormbool and Timor gold exploration licences in central Victoria, Australia and the Windidda gold project in the Yilgarn region, Western Australia.
ECR has earned a 25% interest in the Danglay epithermal gold project, an advanced exploration project located in a prolific gold and copper mining district in the north of the Philippines. An NI43-101 technical report was completed in respect of the Danglay project in December 2015 and is available for download from ECR’s website.
ECR’s wholly owned Argentine subsidiary Ochre Mining has 100% ownership of the SLM gold project in La Rioja, Argentina. Exploration at SLM has focused on identifying small tonnage mesothermal gold deposits which may be suitable for relatively near-term production.