Cadence Minerals (AIM/NEX: KDNC; OTC: KDNCY) is pleased to note that Macarthur Minerals (“Macarthur”, TSX-V: MMS) has entered into an exclusive advisory agreement with UK based Capstan Capital Partners LLP (“Capstan”) to seek the necessary funding required to advance Macarthur’s significant iron ore projects located in Western Australia.
- Macarthur owns 100% of the Macarthur Iron Ore Projects, which are located on approved mining tenements covering approximately 62 km2 and are located 175 km northwest of Kalgoorlie in W Australia. The Macarthur Iron Ore Projects consist of two distinct mineral projects:
- The Ularring Hematite Project: encompassing hematite iron ore (“hematite”), to be marketed as potential direct shipping and/or beneficiated iron ore; and
- The Moonshine Magnetite Project: encompassing magnetite iron ore (“magnetite”), to be marketed as a beneficiated magnetite concentrate.
- The Ularring Hematite Project has been fully approved for mining and the Company has been maintaining the core iron ore projects’ assets in good standing with the Western Australian Government, since their discovery. The Moonshine Magnetite Project presents a very large untapped resource of mostly high-grade magnetite with an expected productive life of at least 50 years.
- The Company has been reviewing its iron ore projects in light of the emergence of rail and port capacity through to the Port of Esperance and the cessation of mining at Cleveland-Cliffs Inc’s Asia Pacific Iron Ore projects and Mineral Resources Limited’s Carina project.
Cadence holds approximately 12% of the issued equity interest in Macarthur, which is an Australian mining exploration company focused primarily on lithium, iron ore and gold in the Pilbara region of Western Australia. It also has a lithium project in Nevada, USA.
The full release can be found at:
Cadence Minerals CEO Kiran Morzaria commented:“This agreement with Capstan is testament once again to the quality and diversity of the Macarthur asset portfolio. Cadence are also of the view that we are entering in to a new prolonged upward trend cycle for iron ore, and this new agreement, along with the raft of recent developments announced across Macarthur’s other projects provides, what the Company believes, is a positive ongoing investment proposition.”
This announcement contains inside information for the purposes of Article 7 of EU Regulation 596/2014.
– Ends –
For further information:
Kiran Morzaria B.Eng. (ACSM), MBA, has reviewed and approved the information contained in this announcement. Kiran holds a Bachelor of Engineering (Industrial Geology) from the Camborne School of Mines and an MBA (Finance) from CASS Business School.
About Cadence Minerals:
Cadence is dedicated to smart investments for a greener world. The planet needs rechargeable batteries on a global scale – upcoming supersized passenger vehicles, lorries and buses – require lithium and other technology minerals to power their cells. Cadence is helping find these minerals in new places and extracting them in new ways, which will meet the demand of this burgeoning market.
Cadence invests across the globe, principally in lithium mining projects. Its primary strategy is taking significant economic stakes in upstream exploration and development assets within strategic metals. We identify assets that have strategic cost advantages that are not replicable, with the aim of achieving lower quartile production costs. The combination of this approach and seeking value opportunities allows us to identify projects capable of achievinghigh rates of return.
The Cadence board has a blend of mining, commodity investing, fund management and deal structuring knowledge and experience, that is supported by access to keymarketing, political and industry contacts. These resources are leveraged not only in our investment decisions but also in continuing support of our investments, whether it be increasing market awareness of an asset, or advising on product mix or path to production. Cadence Mineral’s goal is to assist management to rapidly develop the project up the value curve and deliver excellent returns on its investments.
Certain statements in this announcement are or may be deemed to be forward-lookingstatements. Forward-lookingstatements are identiﬁed by their use of terms and phrases such as ‘‘believe’’ ‘‘could’’ “should” ‘‘envisage’’ ‘‘estimate’’ ‘‘intend’’ ‘‘may’’ ‘‘plan’’ ‘‘will’’ or the negative of those variations or comparable expressions including references to assumptions. These forward-looking statements are not based on historical facts but rather on the Directors’ current expectations and assumptions regarding the Company’s future growth results of operations performance future capital and other expenditures (including the amount. nature and sources of funding thereof) competitive advantages business prospects and opportunities. Such forward-lookingstatements reﬂect the Directors’ current beliefs and assumptions and are based on information currently available to the Directors. Many factors could cause actual results to differ materially from the results discussed in the forward-looking statements including risks associated with vulnerability to general economic and business conditions competition environmental and other regulatory changes actions by governmental authorities the availability of capital markets reliance on keypersonnel uninsured and underinsured losses and other factors many of which are beyond the control of the Company. Although any forward-looking statements contained in this announcement are based upon what the Directors believe to be reasonable assumptions.The Company cannot assure investors that actual results will be consistent with such forward-looking statements.