DEVELOPING THE OROM-CROSS JUMBO FLAKE GRAPHITE PROJECT IN UGANDA
Potential world class graphite project both by size and by end product quality
Large component of high value jumbo and large flake product
Shallow open pit deposit = low strip ratio / free digging / low cost mining
Uganda is a stable African country
21 year mining licence in place
The Orom-Cross Graphite Project lies within the Orom District, of northern Uganda. The Project tenements encompass an area of approximately 520,000 hectares stretching from Latitude 3°18’40’ to 3°30’40’ N and from Longitude 33°31’50’ to 33°45’40’ E. Access to site is approximately 28km via the Kidepo-Gulu road from Orom consisting of unsealed gravel roads.
Work to date has outlined graphite mineralisation at the Project associated with deformed Neoproterozoic graphitic gneisses and schists. The Project’s Exploration Target is centred at Latitude 3º 23’ 30’ N and Longitude 33º 37‘00’ E within Mining Lease (ML1959) and a previous Exploration Licence which is now under application for a Retention Licence (RL1025).
Since acquiring the Orom Graphite Project in 2012, Consolidated Africa has undertaken the following exploration activities:
- field mapping;
- geophysical surveys (VTEM and Aeromagnetic);
- geological logging and geochemical analyses of drill core samples;
- geological logging and geochemical analyses of trench samples;
- metallurgical testwork of composites; and
- determination of Exploration Target ranges.
The Project is located approximately 6 km east (in a straight line) of the town of Orom and 75 km northeast of the town of Kitgum in northern Uganda (Figure 5-1). The Project can be accessed from the southwest via 104km of road from Gulu to Kitgum (Orom-Koputh road) and thereafter by 87km of gravel roads. The nearest large settlement to the Project is the village of Orom, located in Chua East Country.
The Company has outlined a work program, initial work for which will include:
- an in-fill programme to JORC 2012 Code Standard Resource;
- metallurgical test work to demonstrate various end products that can be delivered to market; and
- commencement of Feasibility Study on initial 10-year mine life, including all mining, plant, infrastructure and logistics.
The principal aims of the above work programme are to gain further geological information to understand the potential, verify the graphite grade and continuity, and further understand the mineralogy within the most prospective parts of the Orom-Cross Graphite Project. Metallurgical testing is planned to be further undertaken early in 2020 as is an initial mineral resource estimate under the JORC 2012 Code.
- Blencowe Resources #BRES – New High-Grade Graphite Zone Identified at Orom-Cross Project
- Graphite miner Blencowe set to shine in 2020 – UK Investor Magazine
- Alan Green talks funds, Catenae #CTEA, Blencowe Resources #BRES & Open Orphan #ORPH on Vox Markets podcast
- Blencowe Resources #BRES – Recommencement of Phase Two Metallurgical Test Work for Orom-Cross Graphite Project
- Alan Green talks #BT, #HFD, #OCDO, #FLTR, #BRES & #TYM on the UK Investor Mag podcast
- Blencowe Resources (BRES) – New Research Initiation
- Alan Green talks to Mike Ralston, CEO of Blencowe Resources (LON: BRES) about the company’s 100% owned Orom Graphite Project