ASX listed Apollo Minerals (AON) is a responsible mining company focused on exploration programs including drilling and feasibility work at the its Couflens Project in southern France and progressing the adjacent Aurenere Project in neighbouring Spain.
In June 2017 Apollo Minerals Limited completed the acquisition of an 80% interest in the Couflens tungsten-copper-gold project in southern France. The project includes the historic Salau mine, which was one of the world’s highest grade tungsten mines and which produced around 11,500 tonnes of WO3 in concentrate.
The reactivation of the Salau mine has the potential to deliver one of Europe’s most critical raw materials to French and other European industries.
The Company is also planning drilling programs to test gold and tungsten exploration targets in the wider region across both the Couflens Project and Aurenere Project.
Recent work programs have confirmed the presence of widespread high grade gold (up to 33.9 g/t) and tungsten (up to 8.25% WO3) within the Company’s 97km² landholding in this highly prospective region of the Pyrenees.
Follow Apollo Minerals on Twitter @ApolloMinerals
- Apollo Minerals – September 2018 Quarterly Report
- Apollo Minerals (AON) takes a significant step as it commences reinstallation of mine services at historical Salau mine
- Brand CEO Alan Green talks Brave Bison #BBSN, Apollo Minerals (ASX:AON), Prairie Mining #PDZ & Bilby #BILB on Vox Podcast
- Apollo Minerals (ASX:AON) – June 2018 Quarterly Report
- Top Countries for Tungsten Production – France to feature again? – Apollo Minerals (ASX:AON)
- Apollo Minerals $AON Demonstrates Commitment to Local Communities
- Apollo Minerals #AON – Excellent Infrastructure and Ground Conditions Confirmed At Historical Salau Tungsten Mine
- Brand CEO Alan Green discusses Petrofac #PFC, Andalas Energy #ADL, Speedy Hire #SDY & Apollo Minerals $AON on Vox Markets podcast
- Proactive Investors – Outlook for tungsten developers ‘promising’ amid tightening supply – Apollo Minerals $AON
- Apollo Minerals ASX: #AON – French Govt approves transaction to increase Couflens project ownership to 100%
- Brand Comms CEO Alan Green and Apollo Minerals (ASX: AON) Executive Director Hugo Schumann discuss the company’s flagship Tungsten project.
- Apollo Minerals #AON – Constellation Resources Prospectus
- Apollo Minerals #AON attending the 5th Annual French Mining Day, dedicated to the role of Tungsten.
- Hugo Schumann, Executive Director of Apollo Minerals #AON discusses their high grade tungsten-copper-gold project in Spain and their intention to list on a market near you.
- Apollo Minerals $AON – Reopening the World’s Highest Grade Tungsten Mine, With Gold Upside
- Apollo Minerals $AON – Appointment of Executive Director
- Apollo Minerals $AON – March 2018 Quarterly Report
- Apollo Minerals $AON – Plans to list Fraser Range Nickel-Copper-Gold Assets
- Multichannel Podcast – Alan Green talks to Hugo Schumann, Chief Commercial Officer at Apollo Minerals ASX: #AON
- Tungsten Outlook 2018: Will Supply Disruptions Continue? – Tungsten Investing News
- Apollo Minerals #AON – Completion of Institutional Placement
- Brand CEO Alan Green discusses Salt Lake Potash #SO4, Apollo Minerals $AON & DragApp on Vox Markets podcast
- Apollo Minerals (AON) CEO Hugo Schumann discusses the A$6m fundraise with Andrew Scott at Proactive Investors
- Apollo Minerals (AON) – Institutional Placement to Raise A$6m
- Apollo Minerals (AON) – High grade gold and tungsten sampling results from Aurenere
Visit the Apollo Minerals website here
Given its unique and valuable properties, mainly as a strengthening agent, the European Union ranked tungsten as one of Europe’s most critical raw materials, with the highest supply risk of all materials on the list. Supply of tungsten is currently heavily dominated by China, who control nearly 80% of global supply and consumption. There is limited large scale supply elsewhere in the world, only 2 mines exist outside of China with production capacity great than 3,000TPA Tungsten in concentrate.