Cadence Minerals (AIM/NEX: KDNC; OTC: KDNCY) is pleased to note today’s Q4 update from Macarthur Minerals (TSX-V: MMS) (“Macarthur”) on it’s flagship Lake Giles Iron Project, along with very positive early exploration results across Macarthur’s iron ore, gold, nickel and cobalt projects in Western Australia.
Cadence Minerals Holding in Macarthur
Cadence holds approximately 7.4% of the issued equity interest in Macarthur, which is an Australian mining exploration company focused primarily on iron ore, nickel, lithium and gold in Western Australia. It also has a lithium project in Nevada, USA.
- The Lake Giles Iron Project, Feasibility Study (FS), is well underway with the infill drilling program completed in December. Results from the first batch of samples from Reverse Circulation (RC) and Diamond (DD) drilling were reported to the market on December 10, 2019. Several drill holes intersected a zone of high-grade magnetite mineralisation identified previously at the Moonshine North deposit.
- Macarthur was admitted to the Official List of Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) on December 4, 2019 and commenced quotation of its securities on ASX on December 6, 2019.
- The Company successfully closed the Offer under its Replacement Prospectus on 28 November 2019 with subscriptions accepted for 20,032,952 shares at a price of A$0.25 per share for a total consideration of A$5,008,238. Funds from the ASX IPO will be primarily used to advance the Company’s flagship Lake Giles Iron Project.
- Macarthur entered into a binding agreement with Arrow Minerals Limited (Arrow) to acquire the rights to a substantial package of land covering approximately 4950 ha adjacent to the Moonshine Magnetite deposit. The tenure will be used for constructing supporting infrastructure including the, processing plant, camp, airstrip, waste rocks dumps and a tailings storage facility. The deal with Arrow also paves the way forward to obtain access to tenure to construct a private haul road from the project through to the open access Perth to Kalgoorlie railway owned by Arc Infrastructure.
- A drilling program was completed at the Hillside project in the Pilbara region of Western Australia to test potential supergene and hypogene mineralisation above and below the water table along the majority of a 14-kilometre Gossan line where previous rock chip sampling identified anomalous copper. This program also tested outcropping quartz vein mineralisation identified through prospecting activities.
Along with key partners, Macarthur will continue to actively advance its iron ore assets in Western Australia. Infill drilling of the Moonshine Magnetite deposit has been completed with samples submitted to the laboratory. On receipt of assay results, Macarthur will update the geological model of the Moonshine Magnetite deposits in conjunction with completing a Feasibility Study of the Lake Giles Iron Project. Furthermore, Macarthur will work closely with Fe Limited to advance exploration of its high-quality lithium, gold and base metal tenements in the Pilbara region.
The full release can be found at: https://web.tmxmoney.com/article.php?newsid=8174582862817551&qm_symbol=MMS
Macarthur Executive Chairman Cameron McCall commented: “The strong iron ore price continues to trade in a spot range (for the last quarter) of US$80-$93/tonne for 62% Fe ore and this is creating momentum in the global iron ore industry. Historically, iron ore prices tend to retract in the lead up to the Chinese New Year period when mills generally reduce production, but this does not appear to be the case this year.
Macarthur’s focus remains on delivering a high-quality, low-impurity magnetite fines product (+65% Fe) which will target Asian steel mills that are focused on producing quality steel products, enhanced furnace efficiencies, reduced consumption of coking coal and improved environment emissions standards.
In reflecting on the 2019 calendar year, it is pleasing to note the Company achieved all of its targeted goals for the year.”
Cadence CEO Kiran Morzaria commented: “While 2019 proved to be a bumper year for Macarthur and its shareholders, the company’s bullish outlook for 2020, along with management comments on the strength of the iron ore price, provides a strong endorsement for Cadence Minerals’ investment strategy, both into Macarthur and into our own iron ore project at Amapa, Brazil.”
This news release is not for distribution to United States Services or for Dissemination in the United States.
– Ends –
|For further information:
Kiran Morzaria B.Eng. (ACSM), MBA, has reviewed and approved the information contained in this announcement. Kiran holds a Bachelor of Engineering (Industrial Geology) from the Camborne School of Mines and an MBA (Finance) from CASS Business School.
Certain statements in this announcement are or may be deemed to be forward-looking statements. Forward-looking statements are identiﬁed by their use of terms and phrases such as ”believe” ”could” “should” ”envisage” ”estimate” ”intend” ”may” ”plan” ”will” or the negative of those variations or comparable expressions including references to assumptions. These forward-looking statements are not based on historical facts but rather on the Directors’ current expectations and assumptions regarding the Company’s future growth results of operations performance future capital and other expenditures (including the amount. nature and sources of funding thereof) competitive advantages business prospects and opportunities. Such forward-looking statements reﬂect the Directors’ current beliefs and assumptions and are based on information currently available to the Directors. Many factors could cause actual results to differ materially from the results discussed in the forward-looking statements including risks associated with vulnerability to general economic and business conditions competition environmental and other regulatory changes actions by governmental authorities the availability of capital markets reliance on key personnel uninsured and underinsured losses and other factors many of which are beyond the control of the Company. Although any forward-looking statements contained in this announcement are based upon what the Directors believe to be reasonable assumptions. The Company cannot assure investors that actual results will be consistent with such forward-looking statements.